The South Huron Chamber of Commerce (SHCC) supports and advances the interests of the business community in South Huron and area. Through advocacy and outreach we help the business community to thrive, and make South Huron a better place to work and live. We are a non-profit organization financed by membership dues and fundraising. Our volunteer Board of Directors is comprised of local business members and community stakeholders.
By joining the Chamber, you become part of a dynamic group of business professionals in South Huron. The SHCC provides opportunities to network at special events, and members are highlighted through business open houses, our website, business directory, and social media. Over 100 members strong, the SHCC serves as the voice of the business community, engaging in business advocacy and the promotion of economic development.
As a member of SHCC, you are also a member of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) and their network of business advocates.
Chamber Programs and Services
The programs and services provided by the Chamber of Commerce are designed to meet the needs of the Chamber membership and the South Huron community
- Networking Events – make contacts and generate leads
- Business Seminars – tools and information to improve your business
- Member Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities – targeted marketing to business, community and visitors
- Projects – designed to meet challenges and opportunities and general economic development
- Advocacy – representing key business issues
South Huron Chamber of Commerce Goals
Membership and Programming:
- Increase membership base to fully represent the South Huron business community.
- Provide value for members through networking, educational and promotional opportunities.
- Create a positive and credible brand that expresses the innovation, services and values of South Huron businesses.
- Launch projects that create solutions for shared challenges and opportunities, and that create community visibility and awareness.
Policy and Advocacy:
- Network with other Chambers and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce Network to build policy and advocacy base and best practices.
- Work with all levels of Government to ensure the business community’s views and values are understood and considered when proposing new policy and programming.
- Partner with business, Government and citizens to enhance Chamber initiatives and outcomes.
- Engage in economic development for the benefit of South Huron businesses and community.
- Create financial security by diversifying funding portfolio to include grants, project funding, membership and sponsorship revenue, cost recovery services and more.
- Establish a culture of learning and leadership for staff, Board Directors and members encouraging uptake of new technologies, approaches and information.