COVID-19 Business Update & Support
STATE OF EMERGENCY
Ontario extends all emergency orders until June 30. Read more here.
BUSINESS RESOURCE UPDATES
Last week, the Ontario government, in partnership with the federal government announced a new program that will help small businesses reach more customers through the Digital Main Street platform. It is a $57-million program which will help up to 22,900 Ontario businesses create and enhance their online presence and generate jobs for more than 1,400 students.
- DMS ShopHERE: a program that provides independent small businesses and artists with a quick, easy and no-cost way to get selling online right away.
- DMS Ontario Grants Program: providing main street businesses with $2,500 Digital Transformation Grants, and municipalities / local communities with grants to implement a Digital Service Squad.
- DMS Future Proofing Main Street: is a program that assists businesses with identifying new markets, pivoting their business model, and developing and implementing a deep digital transformation plan.
RE-OPENING GUIDELINES, TOOLKITS & GLOBAL PROTOCOLS
Reopening guidelines and resources available for different sectors. Below is a list of documents available.
- Huron Perth Public Health Resources and Guidelines
- Workplace Safety and Prevention Services Resources and Guidelines
- Toolkit for Reopening Canada’s Economy
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines
- Go2HR – Sector Specific Resource Lists
- Technical Sector Guidance Documents
- Camper Code of Conduct 2020
- Contractor Code of Conduct by Highland RV Resort
- Meeting Guest Needs During and After a Pandemic by the National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
- Overall Guidance for Campgrounds by Camping in Ontario
- Re-Opening RV Parks and Campgrounds by the National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
- Sample Cancellation/Refund Policy for RV Parks and Campgrounds
- Suggested Phased Re-Opening of RV Parks and Campgrounds
- Playing Safe Golf by Golf in Ontario
- Guidance on Health and Safety for the Golf Course Sector during COVID-19
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide for event professionals during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Considerations for the Global Attractions Industry by IAAPA Global Association for the Attractions Industry
- Global Protocols for the New Normal for Convention Centres, Meetings and Events
- Guidelines For New Brunswick Workplaces Re-opening In A Covid-19 Environment As We Safely Return To Work Embracing The New Normal
- COVID-19 Tourism Workforce Recovery Toolkit
- COVID- 19 Best Practices For Commercial River Rafting Operations By BC Rivers Outfitters Association
- Boating Ontario – Introduction to guidelines
- Social Distancing Best Practices Marine Personnel by Boating Ontario
- Guidance on Health and Safety for Marinas during COVID-19
- Restaurants Canada Covid-19 Rapid Recovery Guide
- DineSafe: A Practical Guide & Support Program
- Reopening Restaurants in a Post Pandemic World
- Retail Council of Canada Resources
- Guidance on Health and Safety for Cashiers during COVID-19
- Guidance on Health and Safety for Retail Sector during COVID-19
- Guidance on Health and Safety for Retail General Labour Employees during COVID-19
- Global Protocols for the New Normal for Outdoor Shopping Destinations and Establishments
- Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide
- Re-Opening Guidance: Considerations for the Global Attractions Industry
- Global Protocols for the New Normal for Hospitality
- Global Protocols for the New Normal for Aviation
- Global Protocols for the New Normal for Tour Operators
- Resonance COVID-19 Destination Management Marketing Toolkit
- World Tourism Organization COVID-19 Tourism Recovery Technical Assistance Package
- US Travel Industry Guidance
LOCAL PPE SUPPLIERS
If your business in need of personal protective equipment (PPE), a number of Huron County-based businesses have you covered.
CANADA’S COVID-19 ECONOMIC RESPONSE PLAN
For the most up-to-date information on Canada’s response plan for businesses and individuals, check out the Government of Canada website.