The South Huron Chamber of Commerce hosts a number of events a year. These include:
- Business Workshops – Workshops on business, workforce, and policy areas; scheduled as the need arises. These are often held during breakfast or lunch hours (costs may vary) and feature various topics of relevance to employers and businesses. Led by invited guests and/or experts, the events provide opportunities for learning and updates on the issues that matter the most. (link to workshop flyers)
- Business After 5 – BA5 networking events are hosted by member businesses and open to all members of the business community or by invitation. This free event allows individual businesses to host their peers and showcase their products and/or services. Each event is as unique as the featured business and includes refreshments, giveaways and tours as applicable.
- South Huron Women in Business Network (SHWIB) – South Huron Women in Business is a new network that meets 3-4 times annually. These events are designed to give business women the opportunity to network with each other. Dinner meetings feature guest speakers, special networking activities and more. Special Chamber member and non-member rates are accessible and those in attendance set the agenda for learning and networking topics. Generally, a chosen cause is supported including Tampon Tuesday, local food banks and more – members donate products and funds – giving back to the community as they can.
Please let SHCC staff know if you are interested in hosting or attending a Business After 5 event.
- Christmas and Summer Socials – South Huron businesses, both the memberships of the BIA and SHCC are invited to these casual, seasonal socials. Held at local restaurants, the events are perfect for a relaxed after work get-together. Good eats and good company are on the menu.
- South Huron Job Fair – Held early in the year, the South Huron Job Fair invites job-seekers to visit local employers who are in search of employees. Hundreds of jobs are represented and those in attendance are encouraged to bring their resumes and engage in initial discussions. The Job Fair is promoted well beyond South Huron to encourage non-residents to explore the opportunities that exist here.
- Breakfast with the Mayor/All Candidates Meeting: The South Huron Chamber of Commerce mandate is to act as the voice of business within the community. One way to do this is to facilitate the dialogue between businesses and government. Each year, except for an election year, SHCC co-hosts a Mayor’s Breakfast with the Exeter Business Improvement Area. Members and interested community members attend and receive Municipality of South Huron updates, listen to special guest speakers and a personal message from the Mayor in office.
During a Municipal election year, and during Provincial and Federal elections – the SHCC invites candidates to attend and share their visions for office and to respond to the questions of their electorate. SHCC is a non-partisan organization which will give all parties the opportunity to speak.
- South Huron Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament – Held in mid-May, the SHCC Golf Tournament is one of the first of the season. It is a great opportunity to network and compete in a friendly atmosphere. Businesses enter teams or combine to create their own. A well-stocked prize table, grab bags and special awards reward those who participate. Prize donors’, hole and contest sponsor’s support is acknowledged with signage and special recognition. Carts, 18 holes of golf and dinner are included in the registration fee.
For more information about the 2018 Golf tournament, click HERE.
- South Huron Business and Community Excellence Awards Gala – The Gala is a spectacular shared event, co-hosted with the Exeter BIA. This sparkling evening has grown and sold-out consistently since its inception in 2015. Businesses and Community members are nominated by the public in a number of categories including:
- Business of the Year (under 15 employees)
- Business of the Year (over 15 employees)
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Agriculture and Manufacturing Excellence
- Customer Service Excellence
- Citizen of the Year
- Community Advancement
- Lifetime Business Achievement
A panel of peer judges selects the winners and the community gathers in their honor. A gourmet meal, musical entertainment and a prestigious guest speaker round out the evening.