The South Huron Chamber of Commerce (SHCC) supports and advances the interests of the business community in South Huron and area. Through advocacy and outreach we help the business community to thrive, and make South Huron a better place to work and live. We are a non-profit organization financed by membership dues and fundraising. Our volunteer Board of Directors is comprised of local business members and community stakeholders.
Policy and Advocacy:
- Network with other Chambers and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce Network to build policy and advocacy base and best practices.
- Work with all levels of Government to ensure the business community’s views and values are understood and considered when proposing new policy and programming.
- Partner with business, Government and citizens to enhance Chamber initiatives and outcomes.
- Engage in economic development for the benefit of South Huron businesses and community.
- Create financial security by diversifying funding portfolio to include grants, project funding, membership and sponsorship revenue, cost recovery services and more.
- Establish a culture of learning and leadership for staff, Board Directors and members encouraging uptake of new technologies, approaches and information.