COVID-19 Business Update & Support
STATE OF EMERGENCY
Ontario extends all emergency orders until July 29. Read more here.
CANADA’S COVID-19 ECONOMIC RESPONSE PLAN
For the most up-to-date information on Canada’s response plan for businesses and individuals, check out the Government of Canada website.
ONTARIO AND CANADIAN GOVERNMENTS ARE ENHANCING AGRI-INSURANCE COVERAGE!
Both the Ontario and Canadian Governments are recently announced that they will be enhancing Agri-Insurance coverage for the 2020 growing season to include labour shortages due to COVID-19.
“This announcement is an important first step towards giving growers assurances that their government will have their backs during the pandemic,” said Bill George, Chair of the Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers’ Association. “We thank Minister Bibeau for making this enhanced coverage possible, and we thank Minister Hardeman and the Ford government for its leadership, and for being the first province in Canada to take this step.”
Read more here.
BUSINESS RESOURCE UPDATES
Last week, the Ontario government, in partnership with the federal government announced a new program that will help small businesses reach more customers through the Digital Main Street platform. It is a $57-million program which will help up to 22,900 Ontario businesses create and enhance their online presence and generate jobs for more than 1,400 students.
- DMS ShopHERE: a program that provides independent small businesses and artists with a quick, easy and no-cost way to get selling online right away.
- DMS Ontario Grants Program: providing main street businesses with $2,500 Digital Transformation Grants, and municipalities / local communities with grants to implement a Digital Service Squad.
- DMS Future Proofing Main Street: is a program that assists businesses with identifying new markets, pivoting their business model, and developing and implementing a deep digital transformation plan.
Update from EMC (Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium in Canada):
Digital/Touchless Visitor Sign in Form, with COVID check list for SW Ontario Manufacturers
EMC (Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium in Canada) has worked with a London Ont based Factory Bucket Inc to put together a Digital/Touchless Visitor Sign in Form, with COVID check list that SW Ontario Manufacturers can set up and use for no charge. This will allow your company to;
- Have visitors sign-in to your facility on there mobile device or computer prior to arrival.
- Upon arrival visitor will be able to send message to the person they are meeting that they have arrived.
- Includes COVID check list for visitor to fill out prior to entry.
- Allows you to approve or deny visitors.
- Allows you to track/log visitors and access info.
- 100% paperless/touchless controlled entry for your facility.
- Easy to set-up.
To check it out use the link below. There is a nice quick demo detailing everything it can do. You can set it up your self or contact Factory Bucket (contact info included in link) and they can help you get going and answer any questions you may have. This is a cool little tool; a number of Manufacturers in SW Ont are already using it and I have heard nothing but positive feedback.