The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development, in partnership with organizations across Ontario are hosting webinars to help you understand your employment standards and occupational health and safety rights and obligations as they relate to COVID-19.
If you need help understanding your employment standards responsibilities and rights, you can:
- Visit Your guide to the Employment Standards Act at Ontario.ca/ESAguide.
- Call the Employment Standards Information Centre at 1-800-531-5551 or TTY (for hearing impaired) at 1-866-567-8893. Information is available in many languages.
To learn more about COVID-19, employers’ responsibilities and job protections available to employees, visit Ontario.ca/COVID.
Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
COVID-19 Business Update & Support
In an effort to better understand how COVID-19 has impacted the day-to-day lives of residents in both Huron and Perth Counties, we are asking YOU to participate in a survey!
Each household in Huron and Perth counties will also be mailed one of these surveys, in order to ensure that no voice is unheard.
This survey is being conducted in partnership with United Way Perth-Huron, the Social Research and Planning Council, and researchers from the University of Guelph.
Step-by-Step COVID-19 Prevention: Business and Organization Tool Kit
This is an updated tool kit that includes information, fact sheets, checklists, and poster samples to aid the implementation of Huron Perth Public Health’s revised instructions.
CANADA’S COVID-19 ECONOMIC RESPONSE PLAN
For the most up-to-date information on Canada’s response plan for businesses and individuals, check out the Government of Canada website.
ONTARIO AND CANADIAN GOVERNMENTS ARE ENHANCING AGRI-INSURANCE COVERAGE!
Both the Ontario and Canadian Governments are recently announced that they will be enhancing Agri-Insurance coverage for the 2020 growing season to include labour shortages due to COVID-19.
“This announcement is an important first step towards giving growers assurances that their government will have their backs during the pandemic,” said Bill George, Chair of the Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers’ Association. “We thank Minister Bibeau for making this enhanced coverage possible, and we thank Minister Hardeman and the Ford government for its leadership, and for being the first province in Canada to take this step.”
Read more here.
BUSINESS RESOURCE UPDATES
Last week, the Ontario government, in partnership with the federal government announced a new program that will help small businesses reach more customers through the Digital Main Street platform. It is a $57-million program which will help up to 22,900 Ontario businesses create and enhance their online presence and generate jobs for more than 1,400 students.
- DMS ShopHERE: a program that provides independent small businesses and artists with a quick, easy and no-cost way to get selling online right away.
- DMS Ontario Grants Program: providing main street businesses with $2,500 Digital Transformation Grants, and municipalities / local communities with grants to implement a Digital Service Squad.
- DMS Future Proofing Main Street: is a program that assists businesses with identifying new markets, pivoting their business model, and developing and implementing a deep digital transformation plan.
Update from EMC (Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium in Canada):
Digital/Touchless Visitor Sign in Form, with COVID check list for SW Ontario Manufacturers
EMC (Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium in Canada) has worked with a London Ont based Factory Bucket Inc to put together a Digital/Touchless Visitor Sign in Form, with COVID check list that SW Ontario Manufacturers can set up and use for no charge. This will allow your company to;
- Have visitors sign-in to your facility on there mobile device or computer prior to arrival.
- Upon arrival visitor will be able to send message to the person they are meeting that they have arrived.
- Includes COVID check list for visitor to fill out prior to entry.
- Allows you to approve or deny visitors.
- Allows you to track/log visitors and access info.
- 100% paperless/touchless controlled entry for your facility.
- Easy to set-up.
To check it out use the link below. There is a nice quick demo detailing everything it can do. You can set it up your self or contact Factory Bucket (contact info included in link) and they can help you get going and answer any questions you may have. This is a cool little tool; a number of Manufacturers in SW Ont are already using it and I have heard nothing but positive feedback.